The name is Watson, Joan Watson. Lucy Liu is set to play Sherlock Holmes’ sidekick in CBS’ drama pilot Elementary, whose tweaks to Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic include switching Watson’s gender to female. The project, written by Robert Doherty, is set in present day and stars Jonny Lee Miller as eccentric Brit Sherlock Holmes, a former consultant to Scotland Yard whose addiction problems led him to a rehab center in New York City. Just out of rehab, Holmes now lives in Brooklyn with “sober companion” Joan Watson (Liu), a former surgeon who lost her license after a patient died, while consulting for the NYPD. Michael Cuesta is directing the pilot, produced by CBS TV Studios and Timberman/Beverly. Ally McBeal alumna Liu, who had 2 pilots vying for her, is recurring on the current season of the TNT cop drama Southland and will next be seen in the feature Man With The Iron Fists.
Lucy Liu To Play Watson In CBS' Modern Sherlock Holmes Pilot 'Elementary'
What's Hot on Deadline
Miley Cyrus & Neil Young Lose Houses In California Wildfires, Guillermo Del Toro's Bleak House Survives - Update
People's Choice Awards: 'Avengers: Infinity War', 'Shadowhunters' Among Top Honorees - Full Winners List
Donald Trump Tweets Defense Of Paris Trip, Demands Florida Elections Be Called For Rick Scott And Ron DeSantis
Latest TV News
- Vice Chief Creative Officer Tom Punch Exits For Role At Spring Studios
- ‘Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina’ Sets Holiday Special On Netflix
- ‘Veronica Mars’: Clifton Collins Jr. & Izabela Vidovic To Recur On Hulu Revival
- Stan Lee’s Marvel Movie & TV Cameos – A Photo Gallery
- Jimmy Kimmel Lands Michelle Obama’s First Late-Night Stop On ‘Becoming’ Book Tour
- David Spade To Headline Comedy Series From Diablo Cody & Jason Reitman In Works At HBO