Kino Lorber has picked up U.S. and Canadian rights to 5 Broken Cameras, the documentary about a Palestinian family and its part in protesting the Israeli occupation of its village. The film won the World Cinema Directing Award at Sundance this year. The title of Emad Burnat and Guy Davidi’s film refers to the five cameras destroyed in the filming of the pic over a six-year period. Kino Lorber previously released Palestinian and Israeli productions including the Oscar-nominated Beaufort in 2008 and Ajami in 2009. It plans a theatrical release in late summer followed by video and digital at year’s end.
Kino Lorber Acquires Sundance Doc ‘5 Broken Cameras’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Vice' Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale's Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early Screening
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Crimes Of Grindelwald' Falls Short Stateside With $62M+ Debut, WB Celebrates Global Win As 'Fantastic Beasts' Series Hits $1B-Plus
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Takes $253M WW Bow; 'Venom' Voracious In China Milestones - International Box Office
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Latest Film News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Takes $253M WW Bow; ‘Venom’ Voracious In China Milestones – International…
- 'At Eternity's Gate' Paints Solid Start; 'Can You Ever Forgive Me' Crosses $5M: Specialty Box Office
- Constance Wu: 'Crazy Rich Asians' Sequel Must Wait; She’s Not Yet Attached To Jennifer Lopez Film
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘Vice’ Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale’s Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At…
- Disney Unveils ‘Galaxy’s Edge’ Teasers, Including New John Williams Music, Ride Previews