Filmmaker Michael Mann, already in business with HBO on the drama series Luck, is also behind a new limited documentary series ordered by the premium cable network. Witness, which will follow a new generation of young combat photographers into conflict zones in Mexico, Brazil, Uganda and Libya, is a collaboration between Mann and documentary director David Frankham. “David Frankham and I share an admiration for combat photography that captures the universal — and sometimes the indescribable — in a single frame in the midst of chaos and danger,” Mann said. The first episode of Witness was shot in Juarez, Mexico. The next three are currently in production.
HBO Picks Up Documentary Series 'Witness' From Michael Mann And David Frankham
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest TV News
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- Krysten Ritter Posts ‘Jessica Jones’ Finale Table Read Photo; Says She’s “Proud” Of How Show Will Complete “Journey”…
- ‘Veep’ Trailer: Presidents Day Greetings From Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Fox Comedies, ‘60 Minutes’ Andrew McCabe Sit-Down Top Slow Holiday Sunday Ratings
- ‘T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle’ Season 2 Production On Hold
- Jussie Smollett Has “No Plans” Today To Meet With Cops Over Attack