Two-time Oscar winner Emma Thompson is in final negotiations to star in supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures. Directed by Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You) from his own adaptation of the New York Times best selling novel of the same name, Thompson will join current Oscar nominee Viola Davis as well as newcomers Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. Thompson will play the dual role of Mrs. Lincoln, a small town religious zealot, and Sarafine, who is the dark witch who possesses her. Erwin Stoff (I Am Legend) will produce along with Kosove and Johnson (The Book of Eli) and Molly Smith (P.S. I Love You). Thompson will next be seen in Sony’s MIB3, the third installment in the Men in Black franchise due out in May. Alcon, which has film rights to all three books in the series published by Little Brown Books is looking at Creatures to launch a possible franchise at Warner Bros. Filming will begin in April in and around New Orleans. Alcon recently produced Dolphin Tale, a 3-D family film starring Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick Jr., Ashley Judd and Kris Kristofferson. Thompson is repped by WME.
Emma Thomspon In Final Talks To Join 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Early Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture