EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Ellen Barkin is in final negotiations to co-star in The New Normal, NBC’s comedy pilot from the Glee duo of Ryan Murphy and Allison Adler. The single-camera project, co-written by Glee co-creator Murphy and Adler and to be directed by Murphy, is described as a heartwarming comedy about a blended family of a gay couple, with Andrew Rannells playing one of the guys, and the woman who becomes a surrogate to help them start a family. Barkin will play the splashy role of the surrogate’s mother. 20th Century Fox TV is producing the project, with Murphy, Adler and Dante Di Loreto executive producing. Barkin was most recently seen in the indie Another Happy Day and making her Broadway debut in The Normal Heart, which earned her her a Tony Award last year.
Ellen Barkin To Co-Star In Ryan Murphy/Ali Adler's NBC Comedy Pilot 'The New Normal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Dark Skies’ Writer-Director Scott Stewart Inks With Verve
- ‘Happy Together’: Victor Williams Joins New CBS Comedy Series In Recasting
- Issa Rae Calls Criticism Of New Sexual Fluidity Project ‘Him Or Her’ “Absolutely Ridiculous”, Talks ‘Insecure…
- Teen Choice Awards: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Solo’, ‘Riverdale’ Lead Nominations – List
- Michelle Wolf Blasts TV News’ Staged-Outrage Coverage Of Donald Trump’s Washington
- Argentina’s Loss Scores Top 5 World Cup Ratings For Fox; Shaky ‘Take Two’ Debut