Discovery Communications is boosting its stake in Colombia, where it recently opened an office to explore co-production opportunities. The company today announced a co-production partnership with the country’s Ministry of Information Technology and Communications to create content for and about Colombia and spur training programs there. The projects are intended to “contribute to the development and promotion of Colombian culture, reflecting the country’s current reality and history”, according to the parties. The accord — the first-ever between the nation and a media company — was signed in Bogota. The first project is set to hit public television there this year.
Discovery Pacts With Colombia On TV Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest TV News
- Colin Kaepernick May Soon Sign With An NFL Team: Mark Geragos
- 50 Cent Threatened By NYPD Commander: “Shoot Him On Sight”
- SNL: Don Cheadle Tweaks Trump With A Hockey Jersey
- SNL: Celebrity Family Feud Goes “Gaga” For Oscar Nominees
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Don Cheadle
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Sunday Edition