David Morrissey (State Of Play) has landed one of the most anticipated roles on AMC’s The Walking Dead. The British actor is set to join the megahit zombie drama as a new series regular in Season 3, playing The Governor, a popular character from Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel that serves as the basis for the AMC series. The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for The Walking Dead‘s lead Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Morrissey, repped by The Collective and Troika in the UK, recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.
David Morrissey To Play The Governor On AMC's 'The Walking Dead' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Takes A Killer Hit As Ratings Fall To Series Low
- ABC Nabs Relationship Comedy From Jeremy Bronson & Todd Holland As Put Pilot
- ‘Arrow’ Drops In Return, ‘9-1-1’ Climbs, ‘The Voice’ Drowns Out Competition
- Kevin Hart’s HartBeat Productions Hires Tiffany Brown To Manage TV Division
- ‘October Faction’: Maxim Roy To Recur In Netflix Sci-Fi Series
- Stephen Colbert Re-Interviews Donald Trump For ’60 Minutes’