EXCLUSIVE: Law & Order: LA standout Corey Stoll has joined the cast of Netflix’s first original series, David Fincher’s drama House Of Cards starring Kevin Spacey. The political thriller, based on Michael Dobbs’ novel and the 1990 British series it spawned, stars Spacey as Rep. Frank Underwood, the Majority Whip of the U.S. House of Representatives who after being passed over for Secretary of State hatches a plot to bring down the new president. Stoll will play Patrick Russo, a loose-cannon, womanizing three-term Italian-American congressman, divorced with two kids, who is having a torrid affair with his secretary (Kristen Connolly). When Russo gets caught driving drunk with a call-girl passenger, Underwood intervenes to save him from the scandal — but at a high cost. Stoll received high marks for his performance as Detective Tomas “TJ” Jaruszalski on L&O: LA and was the only full-time actor from the original cast to stay on through the series’ creative overhaul. Stoll, repped by UTA and manager James Suskin, also recently received attention for his portrayal of Ernest Hemingway in Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris, which earned him an Independent Spirit Award nomination for best supporting actor. He just wrapped the indie Decoding Annie Parker.
Corey Stoll To Co-Star Opposite Kevin Spacey On Netflix Series 'House Of Cards'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- Desus & Mero Set To Headline Showtime Late-Night Talk Show
- ‘The Flash’: Jessica Parker Kennedy Upped To Series Regular For Season 5
- Hulu Orders Femme Fatale Pilot ‘Reprisal’ From Warren Littlefield & A+E Studios
- Sony TV’s 2018 Diverse Directors Program Comes Into Focus
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Susan Kelechi Watson On Becoming A Surprise Fan Favorite & Beth Pearson’s Future On…