Century City boutique agency SDB Partners has filed suit against former client Chris Pine, whom SDB claims dumped them via email in November despite previous declarations of loyalty and appreciation for their hard work establishing his career. SDB claims Pine owes the agency commissions on projects including This Means War and his continuing role as Captain Kirk in Paramount’s rebooted Star Trek franchise. You can read details here, including specifics of Pine’s compensation at various stages of his developing career, from the suit filed today in LA Superior Court.
Chris Pine Sued By Former Agency SDB
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- ‘Descendants 3’ Teaser And First Synopsis Out From Disney Channel