Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Notes The Consistency Of Donald Trump’s California Disaster
- International Emmy Awards: ‘Money Heist’, ‘Nevsu’ Among Honorees – Complete Winners List
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify New TV Animation Contracts
- ‘Veronica Mars’ Revival: Kristen Bell Gives Sneak Peek From Set, Rob Thomas Posts First Photo Of Cast
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular’ Trailer: The Queens Return For Some Yuletide…
- The CW Buys Drama ‘The Progeny’ Based On Thriller Novel From Chris Roberts, Edward Burns & Radar Pictures