Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About 'Green Lantern' & 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' - Comic-Con
'Supergirl' Adds Nicole Maines As Transgender Superhero; April Parker Jones & David Ajala Also Cast - Comic-Con
Dave Bautista Stands For Felled 'Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn As Free Speech Chill Sets Into Hollywood
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Board Approves Two Contracts Including Network Code Worth $200 Million Annually, Not $400 Million
- One Dead In Hostage Standoff At Trader Joe’s In Los Angeles; Suspect In Custody – Update
- ‘Wynonna Earp’ Renewed For Fourth Season By Syfy – Comic-Con
- ‘Deadly Class’ Schools SDCC With Punk-Fueled Trailer – Comic-Con
- ‘The Flash’ Casts Chris Klein As Season 5 Villain Cicada – Comic-Con
- ‘The Purge’ Trailer: USA/Syfy Series Asks “What Is More American Than The Purge?” — Comic-Con