EXCLUSIVE: Alibar and director Benh Zeitlin adapted the 2012 Sundance winner from her play Juicy And Delicious. The Beasts Of The Southern Wild world premiere received a standing ovation at the Eccles Theater early in the festival, with many festival attendees buzzing about its unique storyline centered on a young girl in a forgotten community in the Louisiana bayou. Alibar’s previous plays include A Friend Of Dorothy, Gorgeous Raptors, Mommy Says I’m Pretty On The Insides and Home Baking Made Easy, a musical about sex and Southern food. Fox Searchlight acquired Beasts Of The Southern Wild at Sundance and slated it for release later this year.
'Beasts Of The Southern Wild' Writer Lucy Alibar Signs With Gersh
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle