Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation
- Charles Krauthammer Dies: Fox News Contributor & Pulitzer-Winning Columnist Was 68
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them