EXCLUSIVE: Christopher Heyerdahl, who plays an ancient vampire in the Twilight Saga movies, will now play one in another screen adaptation of a popular book series — this time on TV. Heyerdahl is joining HBO’s hit vampire drama True Blood in a recurring role. He will portray Dieter Braun, an ancient, powerful vampire who plays a large part in the intelligence of the Authority and especially enjoys enhanced interrogation. That is familiar territory for Sanctuary alum Heyerdahl, who played the ancient Volturi vampire Marcus in three of the Twilight movies: New Moon, Breaking Dawn Part 1 and the upcoming Part 2 (photo on left). Additionally, he played a demon in an arc on the CW’s Supernatural. Heyerdahl, repped by Open Entertainment’s Lesa Kirk, currently co-stars on the AMC drama series Hell On Wheels playing Norwegian badass The Swede. The period Western was recently renewed for a second season.
'Twilight' Co-Star Christopher Heyerdahl Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As Recurring
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them
- TV Talk Podcast: Emmy Voters, Here Are The Hot Races We’re Talking About
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Lisa Edelstein To Recur On Season 2, Sets ‘House’ Reunion
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- Steven S. DeKnight Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- VFX Supervisor Everett Burrell Brings AIs, Soaring Megalopolis & Real-World Science To ‘Altered Carbon’