EXCLUSIVE: Selena Gomez and her production company July Moon has optioned the Jandy Nelson novel The Sky Is Everywhere. Gomez will develop the book as a star vehicle for the screen. She will play 17-year old Lennie Walker, a bookworm and band geek who plays clarinet and lives in the shadow of her extroverted older sister, Bailey. When Bailey dies suddenly, her younger sibling is left to take center stage and balance not one boy but two. One is his sister’s grieving boyfriend, the other a musically inclined transplant from Paris. Her whole world threatens to collapse all over again as she tries to juggle both guys.
Selena Gomez Options 'Sky Is Everywhere' For Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline