Last night’s Cowboys-Giants game on NBC posted a 17.1, the highest overnight rating in the six-year history of Sunday Night Football. That was also the best overnight for any Sunday or Monday primetime NFL game in 13 years (since Broncos-Dolphins, which drew a 17.4 on December 21, 1998 on ABC), edging the previous SNF overnight record holder, this season’s Week 1 Cowboys-Jets game, by 1%. Versus last season’s Week 17 “win-and-in” game, the Cowboys-Giants face-off was up 36%. Still, last night’s game trailed the two Thursday night NFL openers of the last two seasons: the 2010 one (17.7) and the 2011 one (17.2). NBC dominated Sunday primetime riddled with repeats on the other nets.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Series High Overnight Rating For NBC's 'Sunday Night Football'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Who Is America?’ Offers eBay Sale Of Signed Dick Cheney Waterboarding Kit
- Trader Joe’s Hostage Taker Identified By Police – Held On $2M Bail – UPDATE
- Steven Tyler Talks About Sex, Drugs & Rock ‘n Roll In OBJECTified Interview
- ‘Mayans M.C.’ Will Intersect With ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Eventually, Kurt Sutter Says – Comic-Con
- ‘Riverdale’: Penelope Ann Miller Joins Season 3 Cast Of CW Series – Comic-Con
- ‘Supernatural’ Team Talks Episode 300 & Return Of Fan Favorites For Season 14 – Comic-Con