ABC dominated primetime on the last night of 2011 with a New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 40th anniversary special and the 40th Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, co-hosted once again by Ryan Seacrest. The two combined to deliver ABC’s biggest New Year’s primetime numbers (9.8 million viewers, 3.0/11 in adults 18-49) in 11 years and topped the other broadcast networks combined in every half-hour. The anniversary special boosted the primetime portion of Dick Clark’s Rockin’ Eve (12.9 million, 4.1/15) to its largest audience ever on ABC, where it has been airing since 2000. The show was up from last year by 46% in 18-49 and 3.7 million viewers and dwarfed its original broadcast competition from 10-11 PM, NBC’s New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly (3 million, 0.9/3).
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' Up, Hits Viewership High On ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing