House‘s ratings upswing couldn’t have come at a better time. As conversations between Fox and Universal Television over the future of the veteran medical drama continue, House last night came back strong from a two-month hiatus. Returning to its old Monday 8 PM slot, the series starring Hugh Laurie with Melanie Lynskey as guest drew a 3.1/8 in adults 18-49, up 19% from its last original telecast on November 28. In its regular 9 PM time period debut, new drama Alcatraz (3.0/7) was down 9% from its two-hour premiere last Monday. It matched the second-week fast-national rating for Terra Nova despite starting off higher with a stronger premiere and airing at 9 PM with a lead-in from House vs. a 8 PM berth for Terra Nova. The Fox dramas were helped by CBS, whose formidable Monday lineup was in repeats last night. Also taking advantage of that was ABC’s The Bachelor (2.7/7), up 13% from last week. But Castle (2.1/5) at 10 PM was down 5%. NBC’s Who’s Still Standing (1.7/5) was up 6% from its most recent episode two weeks ago. With a Republican presidential debate airing under the aegis of Rock Center With Brian Williams, the newsmagazine not surprisingly posted its highest ratings ever: The two-hour debate averaged 7.1 million viewers, the second-highest audience for a GOP debate this cycle behind ABC’s December 10 special. Fox (3.0/8, 8.8 million) won the night in 18-49 and total viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'House' And 'The Bachelor' Rise, 'Alcatraz' Drops In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘Saved By The Bell’ Pop-Up Changes The Game When It Comes To Authorized Fan-Driven Experiences
- Judd Apatow Urges Fox Showrunners & Talent To Speak Out Over Fox News’ Child Detention Coverage
- DHS Secy Nielsen Insists “We Are Country Of Compassion” As She Touts Trump’s Child Snatching…
- ‘This Is Us’ Taps ‘The Things They Carried’ Author Tim O’Brien As Consultant For Season 3
- Gareth Emery To Topline ‘We Are CVNT5’ Electronic Dance Music Mockumentary Series On Verizon’s go90
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side