BREAKING: New Line Cinema has set Scott Zabielski to direct Police Academy, its remake of the long-running film series that started at Warner Bros in 1984 and spanned seven films. They were considered lowbrow, but how many Warner Bros series has spanned that many movies, other than Harry Potter? Zabielski is making his feature directing debut after directing several seasons of episodes of the hit Comedy Central show Tosh.O. While Zabielski is new to features, he’s quite familiar with the concept of police academy: He went through the academy and is a reserve police officer in West Hollywood. He’s repped by Underground and UTA.
New Line Taps Scott Zabielski To Helm 'Police Academy' Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $180M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…