With the broadcast networks struggling to successfully launch a reality series in the past couple of summers, NBC is reaching to its new corporate sibling G4 for original summer fare. NBC will share with G4 the upcoming fourth season of G4’s popular obstacle course competition series American Ninja Warrior. Last summer, NBC aired ANW‘s two-hour third season finale, which posted decent ratings. This year, NBC will be taking on a bigger role, with G4 carrying the preliminary rounds and the broadcast network airing the preliminary finals, as well as the grand finale. For the first time, each leg of the competition will be held entirely on U.S. soil after the original Japanese broadcaster, Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, helped bring the course and all different designs to the U.S. The finalists, vying for a $500,000 cash prize in the national finals in Las Vegas, will be selected at six regional qualifying competitions throughout the country. ANW, whose Season 3 debut ranked as G4’s most-watched original season premiere ever, is produced by A. Smith & Co.
NBC & G4 To Share 'American Ninja Warrior'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Doubles Down On Anti-Trump Recession Wish
- Notes On The Season: Will ‘The Conners’ Revival Help Emmy Chances For ‘Roseanne’?; ‘Sharknado’ Goes For Gold; Carol Burnett Looks …
- ‘Dynasty’: Lead Cast Member Not Returning For Season 2 Of the CW Series
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Tom Arnold Games Nicolle Wallace, Poppy Harlow While Plugging Michael Cohen Meeting For Donald Trump Tapes Show
- Bill Cosby Former Attorney: His Conviction “A Travesty Of Justice”