On the heels of Dance Moms opening its second season with a series high 2.5 million viewers, Lifetime has greenlighted a spinoff series, Dance Moms: Miami. The six-episode series will go behind-the-scenes at Miami-based Stars Dance Studio, focusing on its owners Victor Smalley and Angel, their young students and their mothers. “Dance Moms quickly became a stand-out hit for Lifetime last year that we knew would be perfect to build out and franchise into other series,” said Lifetime president Nancy Dubuc. Dance Moms: Miami will be produced by Dance Moms producer Collins Avenue and executive produced by Jeff Collins, Bryan Stinson and John R. Corella. The original Dance Moms, which stars outspoken dance instructor Abby Lee Miller, is Lifetime’s youngest-skewing series with a median age of 37. While it started on the scripted side when CBS spun off its forensic hit CSI into new series set in different locations with CSI: Miami and CSI: NY, this has now become the model for expanding a reality franchise following Bravo’s success with Real Housewives.
Lifetime Greenlights 'Dance Moms' Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing