A trailer is up for West Of Memphis, the Amy Berg-directed feature documentary about the Arkansas trial that saw three teens pinned for the brutal 1993 murder of three boys — without a shred of physical evidence. The documentary is produced by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, who spent their own funds to try and uncover the truth and set Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin free. Echols and Lorri Davis are also producers. The defendants were finally let out after nearly 20 years in prison but were not technically exonerated. The film will debut as Sundance on January 20, where it will be eyed for theatrical distribution.
Hot Sundance Trailer: 'West Of Memphis'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…