After receiving strong reviews at Sundance for his performance in Robot & Frank, Frank Langella has joined another two-hander. He’ll star in the indie The Time Being, alongside Wes Bentley. Richard Gladstein is producing and also co-wrote the script with first-time writer-director Nenad Cicin-Sain. The logline: Out of cash and a bit desperate, struggling artist Daniel accepts a series of bizarre commissions from Warner, a dying, eccentric millionaire who may not be what he seems. But Daniel can’t quite ascertain whether his new “mentor” is a monster who is intent on destroying Daniel’s life and marriage, or a savior who will teach him the true meaning of art. Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Samuel Goldwyn paid north of $2 million for North America distribution rights and several other offshore territories on Robot & Frank. Langella is repped by ICM.
Frank Langella Joins 'The Time Being'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Early Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture