EXCLUSIVE: The Surrogate has breathed some life into the so far sluggish Sundance acquisitions market. Following a heated bidding battle among multiple distributors since the film debuted midday today at the Eccles Theater, I’m told that Fox Searchlight is on the verge of closing a $6 million deal for world rights. The Ben Lewin-directed drama stars John Hawkes, Helen Hunt and William H. Macy. Hawkes stars as a 36-year-old poet and journalist with an iron lung, who decides he no longer wants to be a virgin. With the help of his therapist and the guidance of his priest, he contacts a professional sex surrogate to take him on a journey to manhood. CAA is negotiating the deal.
Fox Searchlight Closing In On $6M Deal For 'The Surrogate': Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- Mira Sorvino To Topline Indie Drama ‘Butter’ From Paul A. Kaufman
- Deadline’s The Contenders London Photo Studio 2018 – John Krasinski, Nicole Kidman, Letitia Wright, Rosamund Pike…
- Potent Summer Movies Propel Total Box Office 9% Ahead Of 2017 Levels
- Tom Bateman To Reprise Role In ‘Death on the Nile’ Adaptation At Fox; New Release Date Set
- Diane Lane Signs With WME
- ‘The Hate U Give’: Arlissa Performs “We Won’t Move”, Says Film Brings Hope & Change – The Contenders…