Fox is moving its comedy-action film This Means War up three days to open on Valentine’s Day, Tuesday February 14. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy play CIA operatives and best buddies who discover they’re both courting Reese Witherspoon. Shifting This Means War may give it a chance to build momentum going into the weekend. The other wide releases Friday the 17th are Sony/Columbia’s Nic Cage comic-book sequel Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance and Disney’s animated import The Secret World Of Arrietty. It will also be the second weekend for Fox’s 3D re-release of Star Wars: Episode 1 — The Phantom Menace.
Fox Moves 'This Means War' To February 14
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About 'Green Lantern' & 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia 2’ Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China With $48M – International…
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.
- ‘McQueen’ Stylish And ‘Blindspotting’ Solid In Debuts, ‘Eighth Grade’ Gets High Marks In Week 2 – Specialty…
- Judy Craymer Rides High On ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine…