The CW announced at TCA today that it has ordered game show Oh Sit! for midseason. The 10-episoe series, created and executive produced by Phil Gurin (The Singing Bee), Richard Joel and Deena Dill, is described as a high-stakes, high-octane musical chairs competition in which 20 daredevils race head to head through five obstacle course-style eliminations as they each compete to claim a chair — to the sounds of a live band. At the end of the hour, only one contestant will be left sitting to win a cash prize. The CW has ordered the series, from Gurin Co and 405 Prods, as part of its effort to boost its original offerings and cut the number of repeats throughout the season.
CW Orders Musical Chairs Game Show: TCA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘Saved By The Bell’ Pop-Up Changes The Game When It Comes To Authorized Fan-Driven Experiences
- Judd Apatow Urges Fox Showrunners & Talent To Speak Out Over Fox News’ Child Detention Coverage
- DHS Secy Nielsen Insists “We Are Country Of Compassion” As She Touts Trump’s Child Snatching…
- ‘This Is Us’ Taps ‘The Things They Carried’ Author Tim O’Brien As Consultant For Season 3
- Gareth Emery To Topline ‘We Are CVNT5’ Electronic Dance Music Mockumentary Series On Verizon’s go90
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side