CMT recorded the network’s highest-rated original series telecasts ever on Saturday with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation. Bayou scored a 0.72 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic good for 724,000 viewers, and Redneck drew a 0.7 in the demo and 707,000. That bodes well for the network, which is ramping up its original productions with more series in development than ever before; CMT also recently greenlighted a pair of docu-reality series — one starring Jennie Garth and the other Melissa Rycroft. Other originals bowing this month include Season 3 of Sweet Home Alabama and the new series Swanderosa.
CMT Sets Ratings Records With 'Bayou Billionaires' And 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Says He Will Sign Executive Order Ending His Baby-Snatching Border Policy
- ‘Good Trouble’: Molly McCook & Josh Pence Set To Recur In ‘Fosters’ Spinoff
- Disney’s Bob Iger On Need For Fox Deal: “The Consumer Is Voting — Loudly”
- NBC Easily Wins Tuesday Primetime In Ratings On Steady Night For ‘AGT’
- HBO Taps Charlamagne Tha God For Series Of Interview Specials
- ‘Kansas City’: Andrew Caldwell, Jade Pettyjohn & Anthony Keyvan Cast In Hulu Comedy Pilot