About 37.75 million viewers watched President Obama’s 2012 State of the Union address, which featured a farewell appearance by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and aired live across 14 broadcast and cable networks. That was down 12% from last year’s speech, which was watched by 42.79 million people and down 21% from Obama’s first State of the Union in 2010 (48 million). Like his approval ratings, Obama’s TV ratings have been sliding since the post-inauguration high of 52.37 million viewers who tuned in for his address to the joint session of Congress in February 2009. Among the cable news networks, Fox News dominated the field with 3.8 million viewers vs. 2.8 million for MSNBC and 2.7 million for CNN.
Barack Obama's State Of The Union Ratings Continue To Decline, Down 12% From 2011
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘Saved By The Bell’ Pop-Up Changes The Game When It Comes To Authorized Fan-Driven Experiences
- Judd Apatow Urges Fox Showrunners & Talent To Speak Out Over Fox News’ Child Detention Coverage
- DHS Secy Nielsen Insists “We Are Country Of Compassion” As She Touts Trump’s Child Snatching…
- ‘This Is Us’ Taps ‘The Things They Carried’ Author Tim O’Brien As Consultant For Season 3
- Gareth Emery To Topline ‘We Are CVNT5’ Electronic Dance Music Mockumentary Series On Verizon’s go90
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side