EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has bought an action/sci-fi pitch created by David Karlak titled Rise, marking the scribe’s first studio sale. Roy Lee and Underground will team to produce the project, the details of which are under wraps. Lawrence Grey is also a producer, and John Middleton is executive producing. Karlak, who has gained buzz around town thanks to his short film The Candidate, is repped by Paradigm, Underground and attorney Dave Feldman. Saw franchise writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan teamed with Karlak to write the pitch.
Warner Bros Buys Action/Sci-Fi Pitch 'Rise' For Roy Lee & Underground
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Jordan Peele's 'Us' At $6M+ Shushes 'The Nun', 'A Quiet Place' & 'Get Out' - Updated Thursday Night B.O.
When Will 'Parks And Recreation' Return? Co-Creator Michael Schur & Amy Poehler Offer Clues - PaleyFest
Fox News Risks Wrath Of Donald Trump, Keeping Jeanine Pirro Off Another Week After Racist On-Air Remark
Latest Film News
- ATA Gives WGA Raft Of Counterproposals On Key Issues; Talks Done For Day
- After Trying Day, Disney Sets Film Leadership Lineup
- WarnerMedia Will Add A Diversity Executive To Top Management Team
- Voltage Wins Legal Battle Over ‘The Professor And The Madman’ As Judge Tosses Copyright Suit
- Buddy Morra Dies: Comedy Talent Manager Who Helped Launch Billy Crystal’s Career
- Fox Film Team Faces Rocky Disney Future; Paul Feig Moves Label To Universal