IMAX CEO Rich Gelfond stopped by CNBC’s Closing Bell today to talk about the large-screen exhibitor’s goals with Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, which launched exclusively on IMAX screens at midnight last night ahead of its wide release December 21. He also said the company’s international expansion comes at a perfect time as overseas markets grow ever more important to film studios’ bottom lines. IMAX stock is up 13% over the past three months.
VIDEO: IMAX's Rich Gelfond On 'M:I-4'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Spider-Verse' Catching $37M+, 'The Mule' Carrying Near $18M, 'Mortal Engines' Fails To Start With $7M+
'Andi Mack' Actor Stoney Westmoreland Fired By Disney Channel Following Arrest For Planning Liaison With 13-Year-Old
Jennifer Lawrence Blisters Harvey Weinstein's "Predatory Tactics"; Producer Calls Sundance Sexual Assault Suit "Malicious" - Update
Detroit Fox Affiliate Airs Video Tribute To Jessica Starr; Meteorologist Died By Suicide After Eye Surgery
Latest Film News
- Academy Award Trophy For ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ Sells For Nearly $500K
- European Film Awards: ‘Cold War’ Scoops Top Prizes In Politically-Charged Ceremony – Full List
- ‘Aquaman’ Pools $179M Through Friday Overseas; Topping $200M Today
- ‘Spider-Verse’ Catching $37M+, ‘The Mule’ Carrying Near $18M, ‘Mortal Engines’ Fails To Start…
- Jennifer Lawrence Blisters Harvey Weinstein’s “Predatory Tactics”; Producer Calls Sundance Sexual Assault Suit “Malicious”…
- ‘Andi Mack’ Actor Stoney Westmoreland Fired By Disney Channel Following Arrest For Planning Liaison…