IMAX CEO Rich Gelfond stopped by CNBC’s Closing Bell today to talk about the large-screen exhibitor’s goals with Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, which launched exclusively on IMAX screens at midnight last night ahead of its wide release December 21. He also said the company’s international expansion comes at a perfect time as overseas markets grow ever more important to film studios’ bottom lines. IMAX stock is up 13% over the past three months.
VIDEO: IMAX's Rich Gelfond On 'M:I-4'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
Latest Film News
- Graham King To Get CinemaCon’s International Filmmaker Award
- Nicolas Cage Joins Alain Moussi In Martial Arts Actioner ‘Jiu Jitsu’ From Dimitri Logothetis
- ‘Ask Dr. Ruth’: Hulu Revises Premiere Date For Its Sundance Docu Pickup – Update
- Gravitas Ventures Launches SVOD Service Gravitas Movies
- ‘General Hospital’ Star Bryan Craig Boards Indie Feature ‘Women Is Losers’
- SAG-AFTRA Podcast Addresses “Wigging” And “Paint Downs” In Stunt Industry