IMAX CEO Rich Gelfond stopped by CNBC’s Closing Bell today to talk about the large-screen exhibitor’s goals with Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, which launched exclusively on IMAX screens at midnight last night ahead of its wide release December 21. He also said the company’s international expansion comes at a perfect time as overseas markets grow ever more important to film studios’ bottom lines. IMAX stock is up 13% over the past three months.
VIDEO: IMAX's Rich Gelfond On 'M:I-4'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Willis Roast Gets Surprise Visit From Demi Moore; Edward Norton Praises Him As A “Global D*ckhead Powerhouse”
'Hotel Transylvania 3' Registers $100M+ WW; 'Skyscraper' Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' Adds 'UnReal's Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman & 'The Path's Kyle Allen As Guest Stars
Latest Film News
- ‘Hotel Transylvania 3’ Registers $100M+ WW; ‘Skyscraper’ Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore – International…
- 'Eighth Grade' Graduates to Best Opening Per Theater Average of 2018 at $63K; 'Sorry To Bother You' Expands Strong: Specialty Box …
- Why Dwayne Johnson Pic ‘Skyscraper’ Went Up In Flames At The B.O. With $25M+
- Tyler Perry Warns Fans About Internet Scams Using His Name
- Griffith Observatory Temporarily Evacuated In Bomb Scare – Access Now Restored
- Back To The Box-Office Future, As The Top Ten Films Eat Market Share