VH1 is the latest basic cable network to get into the TV movie business this year, following similar forays by TNT, CMT, BET and, to some extent, USA Network. VH1 is planning a series of biopics about musicians and pop culture icons. First off is a movie about the 1990s R&B/hip-hop/pop trio TLC. The two surviving members of the group, Chilli and Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, will serve as consultants and executive produce with Bill Diggins and Maggie Malina. Kate Lanier (What’s Love Got To Do With It) has signed on to write the movie. VH1 ventured into scripted programming earlier this year with the series Single Ladies, which was kicked off by a two-hour movie.
VH1 Launches Biopic Franchise With Film About Trio TLC
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Katzenberg-Led Startup Quibi Hires Former DC Boss Diane Nelson As Head Of Operations
- SAG Awards TV Noms: ‘Mrs. Maisel’, ‘Barry’, ‘Kominsky Method’ Join In But Not ‘Homecoming’ As Netflix Extends…
- ‘SNL’: Matt Damon Has Blue Christmas In Holiday Video; Miley Cyrus Scores Big
- ‘Swamp Thing’: Ian Ziering To Play Daniel Cassidy In DC Universe Series
- New Hollywood Podcast: Jovan Adepo On Working With Hollywood’s Best And How His Roles Reflect His Identity
- ‘Beverly Hills 90210’ Co-Star Ian Ziering Will Play The Blue Devil On ‘Swamp Thing’