Now that Disney has green lit The Lone Ranger after derailing the film last fall to drop the budget, director Gore Verbinski’s mission is to lock in the cast. Turns out they all waited around and are available when the film begins production in February. Disney has closed a deal with Ruth Wilson, the Luther star courted to play the female lead alongside Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer. Now, Tom Wilkinson is closing in on a deal to play lead villain Latham Cole. The studio is also workout out deals with Barry Pepper, Helena Bonham Carter, James Badge Dale and Dwight Yoakum.
'The Lone Ranger' Lassoing Original Cast As Tom Wilkinson Commits To Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
Latest Film News
- Nancy Wilson Dies: Grammy-Winning Singer, Actress Was 81
- Jerry Seinfeld On Kevin Hart Oscars Controversy: “Kevin’s Gonna Be Fine”
- Sondra Locke Dies: Oscar Nominee & Clint Eastwood Co-Star/Ex Was 74
- STX’s ‘UglyDolls’ To Launch First Weekend Of May
- Barry Jenkins Back With 'Beale Street’; Lars Von Trier Has ‘House That Jack Built’ – Specialty…
- Universal Dates Sam Mendes’ ‘1917’ For Christmas 2019