Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire collaborated with T-Bone Burnett as the first of several contributors to the companion album for The Hunger Games, Lionsgate and Universal Republic Records confirmed today. Produced by Burnett, the companion album will feature all newly written songs based on themes that figure in The Hunger Games. Swift collaborated with Burnett to write and perform the album’s first single Safe and Sound which launched yesterday on iTunes and became one of the site’s top 10 songs within 12 hours. Butler and Chassagne have written a song with Burnett for the album entitled Horn Of Plenty, and The Decemberists contributed the original song One Engine. Burnett is executive music producer for the movie, and James Newton Howard is composing the score. The companion album will be released before the movie’s opening March 23. The Hunger Games soundtrack will be released separately.
Taylor Swift, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists Record Songs For 'The Hunger Games'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'The Americans': Cast & Creators Joke Potential Spinoffs, Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys Talk Spy Love - ATX
Latest Film News
- ‘The Predator’ Set To Invade San Diego Comic-Con
- Marvel Skips SDCC But Seattle Is ‘Avengers’ Central This Weekend
- Robert Zemeckis Taking On Roald Dahl’s ‘The Witches’
- More MoviePass Drama: Stock See-Saws As Parent Company Pitches Ways To Avoid Nasdaq Delisting
- Hollywood Condemns Fox News, Trump’s Zero-Tolerance Policy: Adam Scott, James Gunn, Others Speak Out
- ‘The Black Room’ Picked Up By MajorJazz, Based On Co-Writer’s Experience In Psychic Research Institute