Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine…
- ‘Women Who Kick Ass’ Panel Talks Shift In Hollywood & Need For Female Role Models For Young Men…
- ‘Cut Throat City’ Trailer: RZA Goes From Martial Arts To Heist Drama In Hurricane Katrina-Era Pic…
- Harvey Weinstein & Former Crisis PR Firm’s Legal Dust-Up To Be Short Lived
- Sen. Ted Cruz On James Gunn: “He Needs To Be Prosecuted If The Tweets Are True”
- ‘Deadly Class’ EP Joe Russo On Syfy Adaptation & Next ‘Avengers’ Movie – Comic-Con