Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite The Manny for Gary Sanchez and Red Wagon at Sony. Malen is hot off his script Bastards, which sold last summer to Paramount with Montecito & H2F producing. The Manny is an R-rated comedy about an unemployed (and soon-to-be homeless) recent college grad who, after exhausting all the normal ways of getting a job in the financial world, actually tries nannying his way into one. He figures that if he becomes the manny for the kid of a Wall Street magnate, it will lead to a real job. In the meantime, he’ll be getting paid to live like a prince on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. He’s repped by Verve.
Scribe Justin Malen Hired To Rewrite Sony Feature Comedy 'The Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Patrick Stewart's 'Star Trek' Series, 'Mayans M.C.' & 'Why Women Kill' Score Tax Credits From California
Latest Film News
- Fox 2000, 21 Laps Win Screen Auction To ‘Mothers, Lock Up Your Daughters Because They Are Terrifying’
- 'Amazing Grace' Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
- Ahna O’Reilly To Play Fox News Correspondent Julie Roginsky In Jay Roach’s Roger Ailes Movie
- ‘Spider-Man’ Producers Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Bring Miles Morales To Big Screen In Spectacular Style
- Constance Wu In Talks For Savion Einstein Comedy At Screen Gems
- Lionsgate Landing Tony Jaswinski Vampire Spec ‘The French Quarter Will Not Be Spared’