The Screen Actors Guild has extended executive director David White’s contract through 2014, Deadline has confirmed. The extension was not announced. White’s existing contract would have expired in February 2012, but with the proposed merger of SAG with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists on the agenda next year SAG’s board wanted to maintain continuity in leadership. White has been executive director officially since October 18, 2009. He had been interim exec director since January 26 that year. White previously worked at SAG as general counsel from 2002 through 2006.
SAG Extends David White's Term Until 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest Film News
- Oscars Set Diverse Group To Intro Best Picture Noms During Ceremony
- Donald Tang On The Implosion Of Global Road: ‘I Take Responsibility’
- MACRO Inks First-Look Deal At Warner Bros.
- ‘The Highwaymen’ Trailer: Kevin Costner And Woody Harrelson Provide New Perspective On Bonnie & Clyde Legend
- Amy Poehler To Direct ‘Moxie’ At Netflix; Riot Grrrl-Inspired Teen Starts Feminist Revolution At Her High School
- Cambodian Action Film ‘The Prey’ From ‘Jailbreak’ Director Gets UK Distribution Deal