Sacha Baron Cohen is in talks to play bad guy Monsieur Thenardier in Les Miserables, the feature film adaptation of the musical that Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe will headline for director Tom Hooper. Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Eddie Redmayne also are aboard for the pic, which is set to begin next year. Matt Lucas, who is playing Thenardier in the musical’s West End production, tweeted the news of Baron Cohen joining the film, according to the British Press Association, though other reports say the Borat star is still just in negotiations for the part. Baron Cohen is plenty busy, currently appearing in Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, his The Dictator is set to bow next year, and he also has a part in Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. He also already has some musical-adaptation experience, playing Pirelli in Tim Burton’s Sweeney Todd.
Sacha Baron Cohen Talks For 'Les Miserables'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Admits He “Minimized” N-Word Use By PR Chief
- Sony & Amy Pascal Developing Marvel Comic ‘Silk’, About Korean-American Superhero