EXCLUSIVE: Neil Marshall is in early talks to direct Hellfest, the CBS Films horror project about a costumed killer who systematically slaughters the unsuspecting visitors who come to a theme park on Halloween night. The plan is for this to be his next movie and start production by summer next year. The hope is to launch a horror franchise. Scripted by William Penick and Chris Sey, Hellfest is produced by Gale Anne Hurd through her Valhalla Entertainment banner. Marshall last helmed Centurion, and before that Doomsday and The Descent. He’s currently in post production on Blackwater, an episode in the second season of HBO’s Game of Thrones. He’s repped by Principato-Young, ICM and Carlos Goodman.
Neil Marshall To Direct 'Hellfest' For CBS Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International Box…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office