Mike Leigh has been named president of the jury for the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. The British director’s films have been invited to Berlin in various sections in the past including 1984’s Meantime, 1998’s short The Short And Curlies, 1991’s Life Is Sweet and 2008’s Happy-Go-Lucky for which Sally Hawkins took the Silver Bear for Best Actress. Leigh’s latest film, Another Year, ran in competition in Cannes in 2010 and was nominated for an original screenplay Oscar. Berlin runs from Feb 9-19, 2012.
Mike Leigh To Preside Over Berlin Jury
What's Hot on Deadline
"I Had It Killed For Two Or Three Years": Jimmy Iovine Explains What Changed His Mind About Making 'The Defiant Ones'
Latest Film News
- ‘Outlaw King’ Named Toronto Film Festival Opening Night Film; ‘Jeremiah Terminator LeRoy’ Will Close
- Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Scores China Box Office Record
- Former Murdoch Consigliere Marty Pompadur Joins Board Of Bitcoin Investment Firm MovieCoin
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘First Man’, Alfonso Cuaron’s ‘Roma’, Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Head To San Sebastian…
- Tencent’s China Literature Ponies Up For New Classics Media In $2.3B Deal
- Animal Logic Eyes Live-Action Films With New Company