Talking to MTV after the Britannia Awards, the actress describes her role as Dr. Julia Hoffman: “She’s an alcoholic psychiatrist, so I hadn’t played that before. And she’s got a secret. They all have secrets. It’s all about people who have secrets.” The movie as a whole? “It’s very original and it’s kind of uncategorizable. It’s going to be impossible to sell, frankly, because … it’s a soap opera, but it’s very, very subtle. I don’t know. We’ll see. It’s a ghost story, but then it’s an unhappy vampire story” — directed by Tim Burton with Johnny Depp as the vampire Barnabas Collins and Eva Green as Angelique. Warner Bros. has slated the Village Roadshow coproduction to open May 11.
Helena Bonham Carter on 'Dark Shadows': “It's Going To Be Impossible To Sell”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Latest Film News
- Composer Carter Burwell Captures Hopes, Dreams & Bleakness Of Old West For ‘The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs’…
- ‘Cold War’ Cinematographer Lukasz Zal Brings High-Contrast Black And White To Emotionally Volatile Love Story
- Jake Gyllenhaal To Star In Remake Of Danish Oscar Entry ‘The Guilty’
- ‘Thriller’ Filmmaker Dallas Jackson Inks With APA
- ‘Toxic Avenger’ Movie Reboot In Works At Legendary
- Oscars: Foreign Language Shortlist Voting Nears The Wire; A Preview Of Possibilities