The official word is that Christiane Amanpour wants to get back into reporting from the field — not that This Week’s ratings have slipped. She’ll become a roving Global Affairs anchor hosting six prime time specials a year, along with work on other ABC News shows. In addition, she’ll anchor a new show about global affairs on CNN International. Meanwhile George Stephanopolous moves back to the Sunday talk show in time for the political election season, while he continues his job as co-host of Good Morning America. Amanpour says that her new role “is groundbreaking, bold and very different!” CNN Worldwide President Jim Walton was also effusive in his praise for Amanpour, saying that she “has been synonymous with international reporting and with CNN for many years. We could not be happier that through this unique arrangement with ABC News her experience and global perspective are returning to a nightly news broadcast for our international audience.” But it will be interesting to see whether more viewers tune in to This Week which has struggled since she moved to the anchor desk in early 2010. On Dec. 4 it attracted 2.3M viewers, behind Meet The Press with 3.0M and Face The Nation with 3.3M. ABC says that White House correspondent Jake Tapper will appear “significantly more” frequently on the Sunday show with Stephanopolous.
George Replacing Christiane On 'This Week'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Clarifies Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Latest TV News
- Rachel Maddow Breaks Down During Report On “Tender Age” Shelters For Immigrant Babies
- Netflix’s ‘One Day At A Time’ & Starz’ ‘Vida’ Demand End To Border Family Separation; Ask Other Series To…
- Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Donald Trump Claim Dems Forcing Baby-Snatching Border Policy On Him
- Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
- Kristen Wiig Exits Apple Comedy Series Because Of ‘Wonder Woman’ Conflict, Project Eyes Recasting
- Stephen Colbert Bashes Sarah Sanders’ Border Questions Dodge: Trump “Owns Locking Kids in Cages”