EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has bought a spec pitch from Drew Pearce titled Secretaries Day, attaching Will Gluck to direct and produce the action-comedy through his studio-based Olive Bridge Entertainment shingle. The project represents the first original feature idea for Pearce, who has been plenty busy writing Iron Man 3 for Marvel with director Shane Black, and he also recently came aboard to pen Sherlock Holmes 3 for Warner Bros. Pearce — who moved from London to Los Angeles this year after creating the irreverent UK TV series No Heroics, about a bar hangout for superheroes, as well as penning a Runaways script based on the Marvel comic — also did some writing on Guillermo del Toro’s alien-invasion film Pacific Rim. He also will serve as executive producer on his Secretaries project. Pearce is repped by WME and Warren Dern. Gluck is repped by UTA.
Drew Pearce Sells Action-Comedy 'Secretaries Day' To Sony For Will Gluck To Produce And Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Film News
- Dick Van Dyke, Hayley Mills & Others Celebrate Disney Musical Legends Sherman Brothers At Joyous Motion Picture…
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star For Cross Creek
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats