The Santa Barbara International Film Festival will bestow the Modern Master Award to Christopher Plummer during a tribute January 28. It’s the highest honor presented by the festival, which previously awarded it to Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, and Christopher Nolan. Plummer, whose first film role came in Sidney Lumet’s 1958 pic Stage Struck, is in the heat of awards season with his supporting role in Focus Features’ Beginners. He already earned a supporting actor Globe nomination today for the role to go along with a SAG Award nom, and he also appears in Sony’s upcoming David Fincher film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
Christopher Plummer To Receive Santa Barbara's Modern Master Award
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Los Angeles Film Critics 2018 Winners (Updated Live)
- IDA Documentary Awards: ‘Minding The Gap’ Takes Best Feature – Winners List
- Notes On The Season: Who’s Hosting Oscar Now?; Campaigning At The Museum; Everyone Goes For The Gold
- Why Kevin Hart’s Oscar Host Implosion Was Self-Inflicted And Avoidable; What Does Academy Do Now?
- With ‘Buñuel In The Labyrinth Of The Turtles’, Director Salvador Simó Delves Into Origins Of Iconic Filmmaker
- Of Studio 54, Michael Jackson, Cary Grant And A Hollywood "Pimp": Director Matt Tyrnauer On His Two Awards-Contending Docs