EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Melissa Leo, the reigning Best Supporting Actress winner for The Fighter. Leo had been repped by ICM. Leo was best known for her work on the NBC drama Homicide until she caught feature momentum first with Frozen River, which won her the Best Actress Independent Spirit Award and got her an Oscar nomination, and then with The Fighter, which won her the Golden Globe and then the Oscar after Leo scrapped her way to attention by waging her own awards campaign and delivered the most animated acceptance speech of the evening. Leo most recently starred in the Kevin Smith-directed Red State and the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce.
CAA Signs 'The Fighter's Melissa Leo
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' - Update
Latest Film News
- James Franco’s ‘The Pretenders’ Lands At Cleopatra Entertainment
- Frank Langella Starrer ‘Lapham Rising’ Gets Winter State Entertainment Funding
- Lionsgate Taps Marisa Liston To Run Global Motion Picture Communications
- Michael B. Jordan Takes On Age-Less Man Thriller ‘Methusaleh’ At Warner Bros
- AMPTP Rejects WGA Request For “Group Boycott” Of Talent Agents Who Won’t Sign Proposed Code Of Conduct
- New AppleTV+ Streamer Unveiled By CEO Tim Cook, Spielberg & Oprah