ABC has given Castle an order for one additional episode, bringing its fourth season to 23 episodes. The quirky detective drama starring Nathan Fillion has been a slow builder but was able to branch out of an early cult status to become a solid performer in the Monday 10 PM slot. Besides the first season, which launched in midseason, all seasons of Castle have been supersized. Season 2 and 3 consisted of 24 episodes each. Word is one more is all ABC needed this season. The network’s flagship series, comedy Modern Family, already has an order for 24 episodes.
ABC Orders Extra Episode Of 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Victims, DA Says
Kelly Clarkson Syndicated Talk Show Set For Fall 2019 Launch On NBC Stations, Replaces Steve Harvey Talker
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty' Near Deal At CBS Studios For Miniseries From Billy Ray, Alex Kurtzman & Shane Salerno
Tom Arnold Hits Mark Burnett With Battery Claim After Pre-Emmy Scuffle; Says Trump ‘Apprentice’ Tapes “Handed Over” To Ronan Farrow - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Brake Room’: Discovery Revs Up Gearhead Game Show Hosted By Nick Stevens
- ‘Fresh Off The Boat’: Ming-Na Wen, Reggie Lee & Jimmy O. Yang To Recur On Season 5
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Final Performance Episode Takes Tuesday With Season High Crowd
- ‘The Guest Book’ Season 2: New Regulars, Trailer & Premiere Date For Greg Garcia’s TBS Comedy
- ‘Godfather Of Harlem’: Antoinette Crowe-Legacy Joins Forest Whitaker Epix Series
- ‘Tacoma FD’: Hassie Harrison Joins TruTV Comedy As Series Regular In Recasting