ABC has given Castle an order for one additional episode, bringing its fourth season to 23 episodes. The quirky detective drama starring Nathan Fillion has been a slow builder but was able to branch out of an early cult status to become a solid performer in the Monday 10 PM slot. Besides the first season, which launched in midseason, all seasons of Castle have been supersized. Season 2 and 3 consisted of 24 episodes each. Word is one more is all ABC needed this season. The network’s flagship series, comedy Modern Family, already has an order for 24 episodes.
ABC Orders Extra Episode Of 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
'The View' Calls On Melania "Be Best" Trump To End Donald's Attacks On John McCain And Grieving Family
Disney-Fox: Relief, Some Gamesmanship, Anxiety, Layoffs Timeline & No Disneyland Perks On Day 1 Of Mega Company
Latest TV News
- ‘Defending Jacob’: Michelle Dockery & Jaeden Martell Join Chris Evans In Apple Limited Series
- Devin Nunes’ Cow On Way To 500K Twitter Followers, Stampeding Congressman, After $250M Lawsuit
- ‘The Emperor Of Malibu’ Casts Deborah S. Craig; Dorian Missick Joins ABC’s Hank Steinberg/50 Cent…
- WGA Makes "Significant Move" For Deal With ATA – But Not On Key Issues Of Packaging And Producing
- ‘Pennyworth’: Emma Paetz & Jessica Ellerby Cast In Epix’s Batman Prequel Series
- Donald Trump: “I Gave John McCain The Kind Of Funeral He Wanted” And “Did Not Get A Thank You”