ABC has canceled long-running reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. The feel-good/tearjerker series will end its nine-season run with two episodes on January 6 and January 13, including the show’s 200th, in which the team builds 7 homes in 7 days for tornado victims in Joplin, Mo. ABC plans to keep the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition franchise alive through specials after this season. The series, produced by Endemol USA and hosted by Ty Pennington, was a long-time staple in ABC’s Sunday 8 PM slot. Following a steep ratings decline in the fall of 2010, ABC benched the reality veteran in the spring for rookie Secret Millionaire. And this fall, the network found a new Sunday 8 PM anchor in freshman drama Once Upon A Time, moving EMHE to Fridays. Pennington, who will segue to ABC’s new daytime show The Revolution, commented on the end of EMHE in a post on his Web site titled The Greatest Job Of My Life. “I am incredibly grateful for having been part of a television show that changed the lives of so many people,” he wrote. “It has been an honor to work side by side with the EMHE families, builders, and thousands of volunteers who have proven that good hearts can and do change the world.”
ABC Cancels 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' As Regular Series, Will Air Specials
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest TV News
- HBO Boards ‘Storm Over Brooklyn’ Feature Doc From ‘Whitney’ Producer Lightbox
- John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult