Tonight in the Samuel Goldwyn theater, at the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences president Tom Sherak got a knowing laugh. It was right before the screening of The Great White Hope as part of the new Governors Awards film series. He was introducing the tribute to James Earl Jones and asked the audience, “How’s your week been? Let’s compare weeks.” Then Tom added, “There are 52 weeks in a year. It’s just one week.” Yes, but this has been a week for the Oscar history books.
Tom Sherak Reflects On The Past Week…
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- New York Film Critics Online: ‘Roma’ Named Best Picture, Alfonso Cuaron Takes Best Director
- L.A. Film Critics Association Awards: ‘Roma’ Wins Best Picture – Winners List
- Ninja Takes Home Three Honors In Gamers Choice Awards On CBS
- IDA Documentary Awards: ‘Minding The Gap’ Takes Best Feature – Winners List
- Notes On The Season: Who’s Hosting Oscar Now?; Campaigning At The Museum; Everyone Goes For The Gold
- Why Kevin Hart’s Oscar Host Implosion Was Self-Inflicted And Avoidable; What Does Academy Do Now?