With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Blames Helsinki "Clarification" On Stupid War Mongers With "Trump Derangement Syndrome"
'SNL' Blooper Reel: Features Laugh-Worthy Outtakes From Ryan Gosling, Will Ferrell, Tiffany Haddish + More
Latest Awardsline News
- LA Film Festival Moves Into New Oscar-Season Berth With Diverse Programs, Partnerships
- Grammy Awards Sets 2019 Date In Los Angeles
- WGA Awards Tweaks TV Rules, Opens Submissions
- MTV Video Music Awards: Cardi B & The Carters Lead Nominations
- Opposite Freshman Luck: New Comedies & Dramas Have Best & Worst Showings In Top Series Emmy Categories In 2 Decades
- Alec Berg Scores Rare Emmy Feat With Double Writing & Series Nominations For ‘Barry’ & ‘Silicon Valley…