With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
Disney-Fox: Relief, Gamesmanship, Anxiety, Layoffs Timeline & No Disneyland Perks On Day 1 Of Mega Company
Latest Awardsline News
- 20th Century Fox And The Oscars: A Storied Studio And Its Legacy At The Academy Awards
- National Board Of Review Latest Critics Group To Set 2020 Gala Date
- Daytime Emmy Nominations: 'Days Of Our Lives' Leads Programs & CBS Tops Networks
- Hammond & Maltin Hash Out The Oscar Netflix Streaming Spielberg Conundrum
- Graham King To Get CinemaCon’s International Filmmaker Award
- Elton John Returns To The Troubadour Vicariously As ‘Rocketman’ Takes Off