With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Space Force' Workplace Comedy Series From 'The Office's Steve Carell & Greg Daniels Ordered By Netflix
Martin Clunes Crime Drama 'Manhunt' Becomes ITV's Highest-Rated New Drama Since 'Broadchurch' As 9M Tune In
Latest Awardsline News
- Sundance 2019: Tessa Thompson, Damien Chazelle & Laurie Anderson Among Jurors, ‘GLOW’s Marianna Palka To…
- Jeff Bridges To Receive Cinematographers’ Board Of Governors Award
- Shawn Mendes, Cardi B, Janelle Monáe Set As Grammy Performers
- Jenji Kohan To Receive WGA West Laurel Award For TV Writing
- CBS Rolls Out Hourlong Grammy Red Carpet Special
- Deadline Sets Another First With Awards Upfront Presentation