With freshly picked Oscars producer Brian Grazer now looking for a host, one of the first calls some people suggest he make is to The Muppets. A Facebook page has been advocating for the Muppets to host the Oscars since February 28th and now appears to be gaining traction with today’s departure of Eddie Murphy. Quite a few Deadline comments echo the sentiment. But The Muppets? Really? Disney owns both the Muppets and ABC, which is the network that broadcasts the Oscars and just happens to have a new movie starring Jim Henson’s creations releasing on November 23rd. Can you smell PR stunt?
The Muppets As Oscar Hosts? …Really?
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ Songwriters Discuss Pair Of Awards-Contending Tunes & The Artistic Crucible In Following Up…
- Make Up Artists And Hair Stylist Guild Sets Career Awards For Susan Cabral-Ebert & Robert Louis Stevenson
- Producers Guild Documentary Noms: ‘RBG’, ‘Three Identical Strangers’, ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor…
- International Emmy Awards: ‘Money Heist’, ‘Nevsu’ Among Honorees – Complete Winners List
- The Art Of Craft: Production Designer Inbal Weinberg Unveils Designs From ‘Suspiria’s Academy Of Witches
- Oscars: Governors Awards Brings Out Honorees And Hopefuls In Star-Filled Evening Hijacked By Clint Eastwood(!)