The Comedy Awards will return for a second year, with Don Mischer back as producer. While the inaugural awards show last year was billed as an MTV Networks event and aired simultaneously on Comedy Central, Spike TV, TV Land, VH1 and Nick At Nite, this year’s ceremony was announced as a Comedy Central event and will premiere on the channel May 6. It will be taped at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom on April 28. Nominations for The Comedy Awards will be announced in early 2012. The winners are selected by a Board of Directors. Last year’s board included James Burrows, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Brad Grey, Seth MacFarlane, Adam McKay, Jimmy Miller, Jay Roach, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, Phil Rosenthal and Jon Stewart. The winners are chosen by an invitation-only voting body comprised of 1500 working members from the comedy community including writers, producers, performers and directors.
The Comedy Awards To Return On Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest TV News
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Ceremonies On Both Coasts
- Jussie Smollett Still Hasn’t Talked To Cops Again About Attack & “Developments”
- Writers Guild Awards 2019 Winners List – Updating Live
- Colin Kaepernick May Soon Sign With An NFL Team: Mark Geragos
- 50 Cent Threatened By NYPD Commander: “Shoot Him On Sight”