EXCLUSIVE: Taryn Manning has been tapped for the lead role in the indie A White Trash Christmas, a take on the Christmas Carol story that centers on the tribulations of of a trashy, whiskey-soaked, unemployed hairdresser and mother (Manning) who is visited by three ghosts who try to show her a path to a brighter future. Ron Carlson is directing from a script he co-wrote with Terri Kauffman. Carlson and Rachel North are producing. Manning, known for such films as Hustle & Flow and 8 Mile, is repped by APA and MPE.
Taryn Manning Set To Star In 'A White Trash Christmas'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: "Let's Not Eat Our Own"
Latest Film News
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- ‘Descendants 3’ Teaser And First Synopsis Out From Disney Channel