EXCLUSIVE: Taryn Manning has been tapped for the lead role in the indie A White Trash Christmas, a take on the Christmas Carol story that centers on the tribulations of of a trashy, whiskey-soaked, unemployed hairdresser and mother (Manning) who is visited by three ghosts who try to show her a path to a brighter future. Ron Carlson is directing from a script he co-wrote with Terri Kauffman. Carlson and Rachel North are producing. Manning, known for such films as Hustle & Flow and 8 Mile, is repped by APA and MPE.
Taryn Manning Set To Star In 'A White Trash Christmas'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Latest Film News
- Before Trump Entered Presidential Race, ‘Tito And The Birds’ Director Cast Him As His Villain, Teaching Kids About The…
- Nicole Kidman LAPD Thriller ‘Destroyer’ Cancels Tonight’s AFI Fest Red Carpet Due To SoCal Fires
- ‘On The Basis Of Sex’ Trailer: Felicity Jones Fights Gender Discrimination In Ruth Bader Ginsburg Biopic
- MoviePass Parent Ditches Stock Split Vote, Warns Of Possible Delisting
- With Low Budget, 17 Rabbits & 18,000 Candles, ‘The Favourite’ Production Designer Manifests Bizarre World Of…
- Paramount Players Acquires ‘Unboxing’ From ‘Ice Age’ Scribe Jim Hecht