You could practically feel Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From UNCLE losing its mojo after his former partner George Clooney bowed out in August because the actor’s getting surgery and wasn’t up for the stunts. Sure enough, Soderbergh has dropped out of the project because he and Warner Bros couldn’t agree on budget. Soderbergh, who’s coming off the hit Contagion and whose action film Haywire is creating buzz, is expected to set a movie to fill that slot by Thanksgiving. He’s got a long relationship with the studio–which signed on to direct his male stripper pic Magic Mike–and this wasn’t particularly acrimonious or the kind of setback that would drive someone into retirement. He flirted with a number of actors, but it never quite came together.
Steven Soderbergh Says Uncle On Movie Transfer Of TV Spy Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest Film News
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…
- Oscars: Queen Will Bring Thunderbolts & Lightning To Sunday’s Ceremony
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Trial Of The Chicago 7’ Secures Key Deals For Rocket Science At The EFM…
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List
- Writers Guild Awards 2019: ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ Take Top Prizes – Full…
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Trophy Show Here