EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell is attached to star in and produce Conviction, a heist film that was bought as a spec script two years ago by Warner Bros and Silver Pictures. The script by Jonathan Herman, which made the Black List, follows a mastermind bank robber who serves five years in prison following a botched heist who is forced by an FBI agent to entrap his protege as the upstart pulls off a multimillion-dollar job. The original script had a Heat tone, but it stalled. It is being turned into an action comedy with a tone similar to 48 Hours and Ocean’s Eleven, with Carell at its center. Joel Silver, who has had success with this kind of thing with 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon, will produce the film with Carell and Silver Pictures head Andrew Rona. Silver Pictures’ Alex Heineman will be executive producer with Vance DeGeneres and Charlie Hartsock, who run Carell’s Warner Bros-based Carousel banner. They will set a writer to redraft the project. Carell’s repped by WME and Media Four.
Steve Carell To Mastermind Silver Pictures Heist Script 'Conviction'
What's Hot on Deadline
Miley Cyrus & Neil Young Lose Houses In California Wildfires, Guillermo Del Toro's Bleak House Survives - Update
People's Choice Awards: 'Avengers: Infinity War', 'Shadowhunters' Among Top Honorees - Full Winners List
Donald Trump Tweets Defense Of Paris Trip, Demands Florida Elections Be Called For Rick Scott And Ron DeSantis
Latest Film News
- Disney’s Bob Iger & Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige On “Genius” Of Stan Lee
- Doll Brawl: Chucky Vs. Woody & Buzz As Orion Dates ‘Child’s Play’ Redo Against Toy Story 4…
- Endeavor Promotes Dan Limerick To Head Rep Divisions’ Biz Affairs
- Marti Noxon Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- Stan Lee Remembered By Hollywood Stars, Friends & Fans: “One Of The Greatest Creative Minds Of Our Time”
- Stan Lee Dies: Marvel Comics Icon Was 95